WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ReasonforHope - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ReasonforHope > Topics

Subject: Re dinasaurs
Replies: 16 Views: 1207

drakess9 29.06.08 - 09:55pm
Reading Nick polls reminded me of some facts i heard at a recent christian seminar i thought might me useful info for some who arent aware of.1stly my answer in nick poll on dinasaurs was they were around in biblical times and who says dinasaurs didnt go on Noah Ark.2nd point many dont know is the bird evolved from the dinasaur so their you have your answer *

drakess9 29.06.08 - 09:57pm
I didnt word that well.I meant dinasaurs were around in biblical times.Dinasaurs are mentioned in the bible in differing ways ex what i said above and then the evolvement of from dinasour to bird *

n1ck 29.06.08 - 10:42pm
Dinosaurs were on earth with man since the creation of Adam. *

n1ck 29.06.08 - 10:51pm
I wouldnt go so far as to say birds evolved from them though. Lets examine this:

When God told Noah to take the animals onto the ark, He told him to take 2 of each KIND, not each species. There is a big difference. You see, lions, tigers, leopards and cheetahs are different species, but they are all the same KIND of animal - they are allcats. When Noah took the animals onto the ark, it is likely he took 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 horses, etc. *

n1ck 29.06.08 - 11:05pm
Now we know that macro evolution i.e. change from one kind to another kind (like monkey to human) never happened. But micro evolution - change within species of one kind - does happen. Therefore it is fine to say that a doberman, a rotweiller, a poodle and a wolf might share a common ancestor. But it would be wrong and unscientific to say that a man and a dog share the same ancestor. Make sense? *

n1ck 29.06.08 - 11:09pm
So it makes sense that when Noah faced the task of putting the animals onto the ark, he would have taken 2 of each kind rather than 2 of each species. So it would be illogical for him to take 2 of each species of dinosaur; he probably took 2 of one species, and that species could be the ancestor of the crocodile maybe? *

n1ck 29.06.08 - 11:13pm
Remember also that everyone lived longer in the days before the flood. People lived to be hundreds of years old. Now we are lucky to reach 100! Did you know that reptiles never stop growing? If reptiles did not have a limited life span, they would grow to huge proportions. So take a crocodile or a komodo dragon and let him live a few hundred years and imagine how big he would get! *

n1ck 29.06.08 - 11:19pm
The word dinosaur obviously is not mentioned in the Bible. The word was only invented in the 19th century. However, the word dragon is mentioned a few times. In Micah 1:8 we read ''Therefore I will wail and howl, I will go stripped and naked: I will make a wailing like the dragons, and mourning as the owls.'' *

n1ck 29.06.08 - 11:26pm
Psalms 148:7 'Praise the LORD from the earth, ye dragons, and all the deeps.' Nehemiah 2:13 'And I went out by night by the gate of the valley, even before the dragon well, and to the dung port, ...' *

n1ck 29.06.08 - 11:32pm
Try reading Job's description of the behemoth from Job 40:15 onwards and see how that fits the description of brachiosaur. Or read Job chapter 41 and see God's description of leviathan, a fire breathing dragon. *

n1ck 29.06.08 - 11:35pm
For more information on dinosaurs and the Bible as well as the science and history behind them, I recommend downloading the audio seminars from drdino.com in my links section. The seminars are available in audio or video format and are free! *

rozely 9.05.09 - 11:03am
Oh now this make sense 2 me.. Tnx nick now.. If we take a look at dinos and there food.. Flesh eaters and the other green eaters.. I think a tirinosaur was veri big.. How mutch would a flesh eating dino eat? And what did they feed this dino? How many days did the arc float on water? Noah can be glad the dinos didnt eat them cz they we would have been extinct! Like the dinos.... Im glad im not a cave man... And im glad im not noah feeding a Trex! I would rather die! *

rozely 9.05.09 - 11:06am
I wonder if they fed the green eaters some dry grass? *

papidad 9.05.09 - 11:26am
I have found Dr. Carl bough of the creation museum very enlightenin on the matter of d existence of dinos. *

iilmadme 9.05.09 - 08:10pm
It's interestin,aint it :) i must admit i hadnt heard sum of these ideas b4..My background has been studyin archaeology tho,n for that reason i choose to admit that there r many things that i just dont understand bout the bible or the world..I know it's God's creation n i enjoy exploring it all.This is my way of appreciating how beautiful n perfect things are *

rozely 9.05.09 - 10:01pm
Yes yes all things great an small.. Beutiful! Like a mamoth with hair... And like my pet doggy... My own minitre trex... Dinodoggy.. Gift from God to Rozely to be loved and share love! *

* ReasonforHope Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ReasonforHope

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search