WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ReasonforHope - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ReasonforHope > Topics

Subject: psychism
Replies: 13 Views: 657

enryu 24.10.08 - 10:33pm
just thort i'd make a post so u can share ur views on psychic abilities that many have done and still doing it today. theres so many and u'll find pics and film footage to back it up too. u have many abilities like telekinesis (mind over matter) telepathy (read minds) levitate (float around without any strings lol) empathy (feeling what other's are feeling) psycometry (hold an object to gain info about previous owner or where object been) so my question is y are many people stil capable of psychic abilities today? *

enryu 24.10.08 - 10:41pm
i remember asking a muslim bud this, he said hey bro it through god that people are capable of such abilities. then i had a flashback to a quote i read in the bible ages ago. jesus talking saying 'through god we can do greater things than i' but yet christians dont seem to be a fan of any of this then i get 'playing in devils playground' 'not welcome at church we show u to the door' them kinda comments lol u see im just trying to keep an open mind and explore many things. *

drakess9 28.10.08 - 04:46pm
With christians it depends how it is done.If phrophecy healing and so on are done through the Holy Spirit than we say yes it is safe.x.It is not that we dispute that it cant be done in other ways.Its the safety of it and what negative forces can be bought in.x.Before i was reborn i used to read the tarot etc.I wouldnt touch it now.x.All these varying ways of pyshic abilities are all from the same source of the beginning as God but they arent done with christian means they why we reject as unsafe.Astrology done properly isnt rejected by christianity as it done on the planetry positions time place d.o.b.The wise men were astrologers.x.It what isnt christian means we reject as unsafe.Not the person we reject.The methods.x.We have a prayer team in our church who also give messages when they come through from the holy spirit.It not what but how is what we reject.A born again christmas feels no need to dabble in the unknown outside the church.Hope that helps *

iilmadme 22.11.08 - 12:13pm
i like tarot cards,im not interested in usin them or anythin else for divination tho,just mental exercises,n creativity,n becuz im interested in symbolic art.i only have a cpl of 'rituals'... noone touches them,i store them properly n it's the one thing i have always asked God to be present for...u may find that disrespectful maybe,in the light of wat i just read...but ive never imagined it cud be wrong or harmful anyway,even in the past when i did use them for prediction...i feel the same bout healing n so on.i have lucky objects,im actually quite bad for superstitions n stuff now i think of it Lol *

iilmadme 22.11.08 - 12:16pm
telepathy, psychometry r gifts...if ur always mindful of God it cant be comin from any other source,rite? its not as if u do those things on purpose *

n1ck 23.11.08 - 12:46pm
If you think about God while picking up a poisonous snake, arent you still handling a poisonous snake? God warns us against all forms of fortune telling or divination. It puts you directly into the line of fire for all kinds of demonic attack. My advice is to steer well clear. *

iilmadme 25.11.08 - 02:14pm
i think i wud ultimately give the same advice,tbh.despite my doubts,i do still believe that God wud protect sumone who sincerely asked,not necessarily in any huge way...but i also cant ignore wat i have seen happen to sum of my friends who have been affected mentally by going further than i have into occult matters.altho i have been careful,as far as im concerned i wud still worry if i thought sumone else was about to 'dabble'..it really isnt safe *

n1ck 27.11.08 - 10:08am
Oh yes definately, if God was not protecting us and restraining or limiting what evil spirits do, we would get into big trouble! I saw this in my own life, when I was dabbling a bit into communication with spirits and other stuff. As I look back on those days now I realise that God must have been protecting me in a mighty way, because I now realise the magnitude of what I was doing and with whom I was dealing and what they are capable of. *

n1ck 27.11.08 - 10:14am
my word of warning though - and its based on what i have personally experienced - is that God only protects you for so long. The fact is that God has commanded us for our own good in His Word not to do any kind of divination, fortune telling or communication with spirits, and God will not continue to protect you while you disobey Him. A point will come when God will remove His protection and we will be at the mercy of the forces of darkness, and I can assure you they have no mercy. *

n1ck 27.11.08 - 12:44pm
I dabbled for a while in this stuff, as I said earlier, but stopped when I saw what happened to my friends. They had been involved in this kind of thing a bit longer than I, and were at a more advanced level. Their fate? The two brothers murdered a guy, and after counselling they were taken to see a local preacher. They cast out over 100 demons out of each of them. The demons had a spiritual right to enter the 2 guys because of what they had been dabbling with. They werent aware they were possessed, but when the demons had been cast out, there personalities changed dramatically for the better. Another of the guys was also possessed but he refused counselling. What I am getting at is, I dabbled for a while and stopped before it was too late. My friends carried on, and at some point God removed His protection because of their disobedience and gave them over to the consequences. *

drakess9 29.11.08 - 11:35pm
It is your choices illmadme.What been said is of caution for you x *

iilmadme 17.12.08 - 11:58am
Having checked out a few other religious views on the subject of paranormal activity,for want of a better expression,they seem to pretty much agree that there r things out there other than us,but u cant trust them.Even esoteric wisdom sez that it's crazy to mess about with those things unprepared.The amount of witchy stuff around bothers me occasionally.Not becuz im anti- in any way,but becuz it can affect ppls health.I cant be doing with talk of raisin the dead n cursing ppl..Ugh.. *

enryu 19.12.08 - 05:59pm
dont believe all u read, cause if u buy alot of what christians are saying u'd be scared less all ur life lol fear of the unknown is there. u'd be curious entering dark rooms or old buildings. dont mean to sound harsh but if u say this to kids u guna end up controlling them with all the demon chat. step back at times to see whats really happening. one thing is where does your spirit self go when it leaves the body, its possible u'll get many lost souls who refuse to cross over to the light due to what their religion was or the kind of person they were in the body. think if a satanist spirit person is lurking he guna enjoy seeing christians in fear. its d*mn possible yes.GIF or if the spirit was a murderer in the body he could be responsible for the negative spirit activity we report. im open minded on this topic yea man. *

airwalkr 20.12.08 - 05:09am
luke 10:18-20 and He said to them I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven. *

* ReasonforHope Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ReasonforHope

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search