WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ReasonforHope - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ReasonforHope > Topics

Subject: people pleasing
Replies: 32 Views: 1181

iilmadme 25.11.08 - 12:45am
duz anyone else struggle with the whole idea that it's impossible to please evryone? Why is it so difficult? *

airwalkr 25.11.08 - 01:13am
Because everyone has different goals hopes and dreams for their lives. If you try and please everyone in the end theres a chance that you'll please no one. Instead find out the blessings and joy that the one who created you has in store for you. only by placing Him in the center can a person be truly made whole and complete. *

iilmadme 25.11.08 - 01:38am
why do i need other christians' approval before im allowed to call myself one? *

iilmadme 25.11.08 - 01:40am
a lot of wat im seeing lately i wud want no part of *

airwalkr 26.11.08 - 06:39am
:H dont be discouraged by the occasional rantings that i may do. I know that it can put ppl off, but I implore anyone truly searching to not judge a perfect, righteous and holy God, by the actions of His imperfect followers. *

n1ck 27.11.08 - 06:06am
Well there are 2 ways to look at it. At the heart of Christianity is humility. Throughout the Bible, God's people are reminded to be humble. Therefore, any Christian who behaves outside the bounds of humility is not conforming to God's Word. *

n1ck 27.11.08 - 06:13am
that being said, illmadme, I think that what might be on your mind is the debate currently going on in the religion forum concerning the Seventh Day Adventist church and the issue of the Sabbath. Well, as Christians it is also our duty to expose those who publicly claim to be Christians, but hold false doctrines or teach things which are not Biblical. We dont want people who claim to be Christians but give off a false portrait of Christianity to people who are not Christians. It is because of such people that Christianity has, in some circles, an image of hypocrisy i.e. acting holier than thou but being himself as bad as anyone. *

n1ck 27.11.08 - 06:17am
Christians do sin. Everybody sins. No Christian can claim to be perfect, and therefore no Christian has the right to judge another for his faults, and no new Christian or person aspiring to come into the faith should in anyway feel intimidated, or feel like he/she needs to prove him/herself to anybody else. We are all imperfect sinners, we all sit in the same boat. *

n1ck 27.11.08 - 06:20am
Sadly there is always going to be a group of people who claim to be Christian, who will judge and condemn all others, especially those who are not in the faith. They do so against the instructions of the Bible, and thats why I seek to expose them as not acting as true Christians ought to. Only God can judge and condemn, no man has that authority. *

n1ck 27.11.08 - 09:47am
Now yes, Christians should not judge or condemn, but we HAVE been instructed by God to spread His Word. That means telling people the good news of His love and grace, of the redemption that we may have because of the death and resurrection of His Son, and of the coming return of Jesus Christ to end the suffering of His people. And yes, it is also necessary for us to encourage people to read God's Word, so that they can see for themselves and be convinced by the Holy Spirit of the love of God revealed in His Son, and also for them to understand that God expects His children to live a righteous life and to know what God forbids His children to do. *

iilmadme 28.11.08 - 12:10am
I wud never expect ppl not to warn me if they believe that much is at stake,that'd be nasty of them...So i have no problem with ppl explaining these things.It duznt cause offense at all,i wud do the same thing..But i also feel that is the only excuse for seeking ppl out to tell them how bad they are.Altho i recognise that sum ppl's faiths carry an obligation to do that...There has to be a balance between performing that duty n the effect it's going to have.There's no excuse for putting as much venom into it as sum ppl do..Airwalker,u have never discouraged me.I cant see that ever happening.. *

iilmadme 28.11.08 - 12:13am
Is there really a need for any of us to attach ourselves to any particular church or denomination? *

n1ck 28.11.08 - 04:41am
Some Christians, particularly those who are new in their faith, become over-exuberant in spreading the Word that they slip into a habit of condemning people who are not obeying God's Word, and they forget that that is not how any of the apostles in the Bible preached. Jesus Himself commanded us to be humble and not to condemn others. What Christians ought to do is preach the Gospel, tell others about what God has done, and what Jesus did on our behalf, and also tell others about what God's Word says about things that are wrong. But if people choose to ignore those warnings and continue, it is not our place to condemn them. *

n1ck 28.11.08 - 04:48am
The reality is that no man can save another, and nobody is saved by any means other than a supernatural work of God in his / her heart.

For that reason, I see it so often that when the Gospel is preached, the Spirit of God works in the hearts of listeners. You can physically see it, you can see their faces light up. Some will listen but walk away the same as they were when they came. But others will come under the total conviction of the Holy Spirit and be totally changed forever. This is only because of a supernatural work done in their hearts by the Holy Spirit.

This is why Christians ought to pray ernestly to God to move on the listeners before he preaches, because we know that nobody is ever convinced by the words of a mere mortal, but only through God working in his heart can a man come to the realisation that the Gospel is true. *

n1ck 28.11.08 - 04:53am
So my point is that anybody who tries without ceasing to convince somebody of the Gospel message with his own words, and judges and condemns others because they do not conform, is trying to achieve something that only God can do. *

n1ck 28.11.08 - 04:58am
About the denominations, well I dont believe you have to belong to any particular orthodox denomination in order to be saved. As long as the denomination you attend is Biblical. Most orthodox denominations (Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian etc) are only separated by minor differences, for example baptists put more emphasis on baptism than methodists do, or methodists are a little more conservative whereas baptists are normally a little more exuberant.

In other words, differences between orthodox denominations is mostly trivial and does not affect Biblical doctrine. *

n1ck 28.11.08 - 05:01am
BUT, I put emphasis on the orthodox denominations. One must also be careful because there are groups who call themselves denominations of the Christian church, but they are certainly not. In order to be a denomination, you must conform to Biblical doctrine.

There are certain sects or cults that try to lay claim to being Christian denominations, but their doctrines are not Biblical, and in fact contradict the Bible. *

n1ck 28.11.08 - 05:05am
We use the Bible as the measuring stick to test all people and teachings. The following sects pose as Christian denominations, but do not conform to Biblical doctrine on important issues:

Seventh Day Adventism, New Apostolic Church, Jehova's Witness, Morminism, Catholic church, Unitarian.

There are more but I can think of these of the top of my head. *

n1ck 28.11.08 - 05:07am
These churches claim to be Christian, but their teachings go against the Bible. For this reason, Christians expose them for their errors because they are leading people astray by teaching false doctrines, and therefore giving people a false image of Christianity, and taking people who earnestly seek God and leading them down the wrong path. It is important to test all the beliefs of a church against what the Bible says, so that we can discern whether they are really of God or if it is a diversion from Satan, because yes, Satan is most definately at work trying to pull Christianity apart from the inside. If you are not sure about a particular group of Christians, please dont hesitate to ask me for help. *

drakess9 28.11.08 - 03:08pm
I think we can all people please at times.However if you think you a problem with it there a 12 step spiritual not religious programne for people who want to look at behaviour inbalance only called CoDa.It 1 of 23 12 step programnes in the u.k and is availible in the u.s canada and others.If you want more info on please inbox.x.Otherwise i agree with N1ck.Have a look at my wap blogs too as they give you alot of info on how to explore christianity without force and though you can be a practicing christian without a church it better if you can find one that works for you as fellowship helps us grow.If you want anymore info on my blogs etc please inbox for a chat.I am not someone who will force my faith on you as it a personal journey x *

iilmadme 3.12.08 - 11:29pm
thanks guys..atm im sort of agoraphobic,so im quite limited to wat i can do anyway,but im workin on that part of it..i'll be back to this shortly :) *

iilmadme 6.12.08 - 06:19pm
There r plenty of things im not particularly proud of bout myself...Much more than ive had any control over,tho,really... *

iilmadme 10.12.08 - 11:06am
duz anyone know of the spiritualist church,or scientology also...i know where those ones r locally..i live a few doors away from a methodist church,actually.but it's slightly intimidating the idea of going to a church service...i wud love to go to the alpha course,if they still do that *

iilmadme 10.12.08 - 11:11am
the SDA topics have been quite interesting,really,nick,despite the obvious agenda n the frustrations of having genuine questions ignored.. *

airwalkr 11.12.08 - 03:50am
If you have any questions at all you can post them here and Someone will answer them, but they will be answered biblically and backed with scripture. *

n1ck 11.12.08 - 03:23pm
soldier2 and blk101 are on their own mission. As you say, there are countless questions they havent bothered answering. But I believe we shouldnt judge them. I just pray that they see their error. *

n1ck 11.12.08 - 03:24pm
If you would like, I will post up topics about each different sect or cult and what they believe, and how they compare with the Bible. It would probably raise a few eyebrows lol. Let me know if you're interested. *

n1ck 11.12.08 - 03:25pm
They do still offer alpha courses. If you visit the Methodist church nearby your house, they would be able to give you more info. *

iilmadme 11.12.08 - 04:48pm
that wud be great,nick,if u can..i know u must be busy.i really appreciate ur help very much x *

n1ck 12.12.08 - 04:01pm
Its really not too much trouble. I will post the topics one by one as soon as I get a break. smile.GIF *

airwalkr 14.12.08 - 07:00am
Yeah, that would be great for me as well, since obviously I have no idea who believes what.. *

iilmadme 20.12.08 - 06:03am
I went out the other day n had a leaflet waitin for me when i got home,bout the alpha courses..So now i just need to get sum courage 2gether.I'll let u know how i get on with that :) *

airwalkr 20.12.08 - 06:07am
lol funny how that works out. Id give you some of my courage, but well you know. *

* ReasonforHope Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ReasonforHope

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search