WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ReasonforHope - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ReasonforHope > Topics

Subject: the devil
Replies: 21 Views: 745

mp5n 30.11.08 - 01:34pm
did u know that before christianity came about there was no mention of the devil? if u talk to people from other beliefs where witchcraft is involed they say the devil is a christian made thing and has nothing to do with them at all. one thing u can argue on is something i learnt in that ''creatures of the night'' forum post is what christians say is a sin, is what is nature to them, that hobbit guy agreed but i think he's a bit mad and selfish lol so it dont really look that good. *

enryu 30.11.08 - 03:37pm
from my searches the only thing i can think of is before christians came about there was a pagan god 'pan' who would probaly fits the devils description well. said to have the tall human figure with goat horns and a trickster in nature, but its mythology u never know for sure with this. to find truth about devil we really need to explore lucifer the top angel who said to of fallen from heaven, this aparently happend before life on earth and again its very hard to believe in it 100percent. i like to think we see the bigger picture when we leave the body and see for ourselfs. *

mp5n 3.12.08 - 05:51pm
Im not convinced then mate lol im sticking with science for a while i really dont believe religion goes with science very well. *

iilmadme 3.12.08 - 07:31pm
Also in greek myth there was prometheus who helped create man n taught him skills but gave him fire agenst zeus' wishes n was horribly punished for it..N hades/dis/pluto n persephone of the underworld.In egyptian the underworld deity osiris,n his evil brother seth...In jewish folklore ashmedai n lilith,king n queen of demons... There have always been symbols of duality,gud n evil,light n dark etc.But in ancient religions they tend not to have purely evil connotations *

airwalkr 14.12.08 - 07:15am
Well from the biblical perspective lucifer was one of the top angels. In charge of worship, but his pride gave him a big head, and he got kicked out. *

airwalkr 14.12.08 - 07:21am
thats the official statment I tell my children.. hehe unofficially however is long and drawn out so Ill skip that alltogether. *

iilmadme 14.12.08 - 07:23am
im told that lucifer n satan r not the same being.i duno if that's how it is or not *

airwalkr 15.12.08 - 06:54am
well like I said that is the official statment I give the kids. The term lucifer does come from Isaiah 14:12. Other than that its easy to see satan and the devil are the same as well as the ties to the other names of satan throughout the bible. However Lucifer I must admit is a stretch. *

iilmadme 15.12.08 - 07:02am
i wonder if Satan thinks he mite win in the end..i mean,wat's in it for him? dont u wonder? it's a bit odd *

iilmadme 15.12.08 - 07:09am
it is a bit like the greek myth to me,'bringer of light' sounds like a guy who mite have given us fire,rite? *

airwalkr 15.12.08 - 07:56am
Unfortunately pride is such a dangerous thing. *

airwalkr 15.12.08 - 09:52pm
Ill wait a bit longer for others to reply. *

airwalkr 16.12.08 - 10:30am
alrighty, well you know the story, *Im paraphrasing cause im bored* satan was an archangel in charge of worship, but decided that he would rather be worshipped rather than be a worshipper. He got the bright idea to try and overthrow Jesus and take his spot and convinced a third of the heavenly hosts he was in charge of to follow him. Well things didnt go as planned and he lost and got booted, along with the third of angels that he talked into following him *who knew micheal and his third could fight so well eh?* *

airwalkr 16.12.08 - 10:50am
*still paraphrasing* Now this being done, left a void in heaven. A job opening for worshippers. Well now of course satan jealouse and bitter cant just sit idley by and watch as position after position get filled in by a ppl that dont even have wings. I mean wouldnt that just tick you off to? So he figure that misery loves company, and hey the more of Gods creation that he can drag to hell with him, the better. After all its like rubbing it in Gods face, saying see I can get them to curse you to your face!!! and as judged by your law they wil all be with me in the abyss come judgement day!! Ahh but God had other plans, seeing Himself how his chosen ppl continually faultered under the Law He inacted the Jesus clause. *think addendum* In which ifso facto, If the original party to the fist part *satan* tries to accuse the party of the second part *us* on that last day then the party of the first parts *satan* claim for judgment will be null and void if the party of the second part *us* has chosen to accept the gift given by the party of the third part *jesus* *

airwalkr 20.12.08 - 04:48am
sorry I went a bit off topic there i think, to much mountain dew ya know? lol.GIF Unfortunately while in mythology the bringer of light, and light bearer was speaking about the guy giving us fire. *good attributes by defying the god in charge* Satan has had it in for us from the begining, and should not be confused with the legend of prometheus. While satan has been described as the angel of light asn such, those terms wee used to show the deceptive nature that he has. Notice that everything was perfect in the garden untill satan tricked adam into doing what he wasnt supposed to. Some have tried to compare him to loki, the trickster, but his intent is much crueler to see a person dead physically, mentally and spiritualy. *

iilmadme 20.12.08 - 05:05am
Im not convinced that this is gona end up being like sum sort of cosmic soap opera plot,personally..But wat wud i know... About the garden of eden thing,do u really believe the story revolves around man being disobedient n pinching fruit? Duz it even sound like an ordinary tree to u? *

airwalkr 20.12.08 - 05:16am
lol nope it wasnt an ordinary tree, just as the tree of life wasnt. But regardless of the trees, the end result is that man was kicked out. *

iilmadme 20.12.08 - 05:26am
So therefore it cudve (n im sayin it that way becuz i like you ;)) been symbolic... *

iilmadme 20.12.08 - 05:29am
I honestly dont see how u cud just say 'oh well,watever.He got kicked out..' like the trees aint even important or anythin.They sound important *

airwalkr 20.12.08 - 05:37am
Well hey are important in some ways. :D But honestly its still the same choice in the end as represented throughout the bible, a person can lean on their own understanding, while worrying about the outcome and decisions that must be made, Or simply trust in God the creator, who has plans for our benefit to prosper us. Adam made his choice in the garden. Leading to a lot of what we see today. *

iilmadme 20.12.08 - 05:50am
To me atm the devil represents the material world...It's hard to actually get any info that makes sense out of satanists..I think we make a choice between body n spirit..It isn't even particularly evil probly,it's just 'of the earth' n those that like it so much get to keep it..Maybe... *

airwalkr 20.12.08 - 05:59am
Hmm that would make sense. but notice how often the devil is personified even speaking to God in the bible. The material world is not evil nor good. Just as money isnt evil. Loving material things more than God is where ppl get into trouble.Thats what the bible is teaching. To think that God wants us in a state of want or need is simply wrong. *

* ReasonforHope Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ReasonforHope

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search