WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ReasonforHope - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ReasonforHope > Topics

Subject: Do u ever..
Replies: 24 Views: 1327

iilmadme 19.04.09 - 08:48am
..think that maybe u cud do more gud for others if u were not seen as 'a christian'? Where r u sposed to draw the line? *

n1ck 19.04.09 - 08:58am
The way I see it is, I dont do anything good unless the Lord works through me. There is only power in the Holy Spirit. I have no power. Therefore, nothing of any value can I do for anybody, unless the Holy Spirit moves through me. *

iilmadme 19.04.09 - 09:38am
Whose permission do i need to make a commitment? *

n1ck 19.04.09 - 10:56am
You dont need anybody's permission. In fact, you dont even need anybody's help. Its between you and God alone. You just need to repent and ask God to save you. *

n1ck 19.04.09 - 12:56pm
see Romans 10:9-13 *

iilmadme 24.04.09 - 05:59pm
I am findin it really difficult to understand why religion,particularly christianity becuz of it's clear msg bout how we shud treat eachother,how do ppl end up becoming so unpleasant-minded to eachother? Im not referring to politeness or any form of dishonesty to keep ppl happy.That isnt kind,as far as im concerned,im talkin bout the lack of genuine compassion...I realise that there r priorities..God first.. But where r ppl's priorities beyond that? Why am i seeing ppl expressing any pleasure at 'havin the last laugh' almost,when they think others will go to hell for not believing wat they were sayin? Like it's sum kind of twisted revenge for them,a pride thing ...Is this not the absolute height of bad taste to u? I dont understand the sacrifice part of this very well at all,n i am really tryin to..But the idea of accepting this gift n then repaying it by gloating over others misfortune is just so wrong.. *

n1ck 24.04.09 - 09:54pm
I couldnt agree more.

You know iilmadme, you make more sense and you display more understanding of the Bible's message than most so called ''Christians''. That kind of wisdom and discernment only comes through the Holy Spirit, and it really is evident that God seems to be pulling you closer. *

n1ck 24.04.09 - 10:04pm
Throughout the New Testament, the apostle Paul makes it clear to his congregation that we are to love one another and have compassion for each other. Although Paul is clear on the fact that every believer ought to stand up for the faith and defend the faith, and stamp out false teachings and preserve the truth at all times, we are to do so with love and compassion. He understood that most who follow false teachings do so believing that they are doing right, so we are to treat them with love and kindness, not boasting or an ''I am better than you'' attitude. Paul understood this well, because he himself had been a fierce persecutor of Christians before he was saved, and he knew that when he held those false beliefs, he was convinced in his own mind that he was believing right and serving God. *

n1ck 24.04.09 - 10:15pm
What we tend to see a lot in the religion forum, and even in Christian groups, and also in the world, is that instead of speaking to each other with love and compassion, we see people arguing, being sarcastic, obnoxious, boasting, taunting, threatening, insulting. And these same people claim to be saved and have the Spirit of God dwelling in them? They arent fooling anybody - except maybe themselves. *

n1ck 24.04.09 - 10:23pm
1 Peter 3:8-9 sums it up nicely:

Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
not offering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that you are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

Paul also says in Galatians 6:1-3...

Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such a one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
For if a man thinketh himself to be something,when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

n1ck 24.04.09 - 10:33pm
There are plenty people in the forum and in groups (and in the world) claiming to be Christians, and sincerely believing themselves to be Christians. But in all honesty, I think if 10 percent of all who say they are Christians are truly saved and born again, it would be a lot. By there behaviour, it is evident that the Holy Spirit is not working in their lives. They dont display the fruit of the Spirit - love, patience, kindness etc spoken of in Galatians 5. This is what Christ spoke of in Matthew 7, when He said that many would say to Him on that day, Lord did we not do many things in your name, and Jesus will tell them, depart from me, I never knew you. *

n1ck 24.04.09 - 10:35pm
1 Corinthians 2:1-16 is a brilliant passage of scripture concerning all this: *

n1ck 25.04.09 - 07:15am
1 Corinthians 2:1-16 (KJV)

1. And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
2. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
3. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
4. And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5. That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
6. Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7. But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8. Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

n1ck 25.04.09 - 07:18am
9. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

n1ck 25.04.09 - 07:28am
1 Corinthians 2:1-16 (Contemporary English Version)

Friends, when I came and told you the mystery that God had shared with us, I didn't use big words or try to sound wise.
2. In fact, while I was with you, I made up my mind to speak only about Jesus Christ, who had been nailed to a cross.
3. At first, I was weak and trembling with fear.
4. When I talked with you or preached, I didn't try to prove anything by sounding wise. I simply let God's Spirit show his power.
5. That way you would have faith because of God's power and not because of human wisdom.
6. We do use wisdom when speaking to people who are mature in their faith. But it isn't the wisdom of this world or of its rulers, who will soon disappear.
7. We speak of God's hidden and mysterious wisdom that God decided to use for our glory long before the world began.
8. The rulers of this world didn't know anything about this wisdom. If they had known about it, they would not have nailed the glorious Lord to a cross.
9. But it is just as the Scriptures say, ''What God has planned for people who love him is more than eyes have seen or ears have heard. It has never even entered our minds!''
10. God's Spirit has shown you everything. His Spirit finds out everything, even what is deep in the mind of God.
11. You are the only one who knows what is in your own mind, and God's Spirit is the only one who knows what is in God's mind.
12. But God has given us his Spirit. That's why we don't think the same way that the people of this world think. That's also why we can recognize the blessings that God has given us.
13. Every word we speak was taught to us by God's Spirit, not by human wisdom. And this same Spirit helps us teach spiritual things to spiritual people.
14. That's why only someone who has God's Spirit can understand spiritual blessings. Anyone who doesn't have God's Spirit thinks these blessings are foolish.
15. People who are guided by the Spirit can make all kinds of judgments, but they cannot be judged by others.
16. The Scriptures ask, ''Has anyone ever known the thoughts of the Lord or given him advice?'' But we understand what Christ is thinking.

n1ck 25.04.09 - 07:38am
Isn't that amazing?

Compare how Paul evangelized to how some people try to evangelize today - particularly in the forums.

Paul preached with meekness and fear and trembling. They preach with pride and threats of hell fire if you you don't take their word for everything they say.

Paul preached without trying to sound clever or with intelligent debating skills, he relied and trusted only on scripture and the power of the Holy Spirit to make all things clear to those who hear. Yet others try to force their beliefs on others, trying to sound more educated than others, claiming to have countless years of research behind them and trying to change people's minds by beating them over the head with ''science'' and worldly ''wisdom'' and ''logic''. *

n1ck 25.04.09 - 07:41am
So iilmadme is right. There are far too many people who claim to be Christians, yet there is no evidence in their behaviour by which we can say that they truly are born again Christians, because they do not do as the Bible instructs us to do or as the Holy Spirit tells us. *

nix1969 29.04.09 - 08:09am
Peace be with you iilmadme. You have grown in God and have an understanding and compassionate Spirit in you, are you sure you have not already converted, been born again and had revelation of Jesus? I am sure that you are being led by Gods Holy Spirit, it is evedent in what you say and in the questions you ask. Becoming a true follower of Christ is so much more than calling yourself christian, it is a deep and personal relationship with Father God, who loves you and want you to know Him and come to Him in confidence and love. Do not be discouraged by others, faith is a wonderful gift and a wonderful new life lays just behond the part where you say, Jesus I love you and trust in you, I surrender myself to you, knowing that you died for me, O Jesus forgive me, I turn my back on my sin and walk now in your light.. a very exciting and amazing life awaits all who renounce the world and all its empty promises. May Gods grace be upon you as you take your steps into salvation, the greatest gift you will ever receive. We love you and will be here for you. *

iilmadme 30.04.09 - 04:39am
Thanks,guys hug.GIFs i have huge respect for u both,thanks for looking out for me... Nix,the commitment has already been made,i wanted to understand n it will happen :) but i have a lot to catch up on..I just dont feel forgivable,i feel sorry *

n1ck 30.04.09 - 07:31am
hug.GIF Thank you iilmadme, you know I love you and respect you too! *

n1ck 30.04.09 - 07:39am
I just want to tell you that your feelings of sorrow and regret, and thinking God couldnt possibly forgive you, is the first steps towards real repentance and salvation. You have recognized your sin and the graveness of sin. You know, the book of Romans in the Bible is a book of pure theology in which Paul describes the Christian faith and assurance. And for the 1st 3 chapters Paul basically concentrates only on sin and how terrible sin is, and the need for a saviour. I can see, and so can Nix, that the Holy Spirit has already begun to work in you, and it is through the revelation of the Holy Spirit that you have been able to recognize that you have sinned and need repentance. God is truly working in your life! Isn't that exciting!? *

n1ck 30.04.09 - 03:02pm
What you need to know is that no matter how bad you think you have sinned, the sacrifice of the Son of God was of far greater value and was more than sufficient as payment for the darkest of sins. Of such value is the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ our saviour, that not only was it enough to pay for your worst sins, but it is sufficient to atone for the sins of every man and woman that has ever lived. *

n1ck 30.04.09 - 03:08pm
1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. *

iilmadme 2.05.09 - 06:15pm
I have a lot of catching up to do,my mind is working fast,but a lot of it is really back to the basics which i missed out on.So i apologise in advance for that..Yeah,nick it's exciting,it feels personal at last :) *

nix1969 6.05.09 - 11:22pm
Mark 2:17 Jesus said, Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance
That's what is amazing about Jesus, He is God, yet He humbled Himself right down to our level, taught us, served us and saved us.. yes, us the people nobody loves, the criminals, the liars the theives, the drunkards and many more names for the same.. We sinners are blessed in Jesus, we have been marked by God and drawn near to Him and through Jesus Christ we are to be saved.. You are a blessed child of God iilmadme, claim your place amoung the saints, say yes Jesus, I will trust in you, forgive me Lord.. *

* ReasonforHope Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ReasonforHope

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search