Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ReasonforHope - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ReasonforHope > Topics

Subject: Wolves in Sheep's Clothing
Replies: 37 Views: 1752

n1ck 22.04.09 - 07:11am
Matthew 7:15-16

15. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

n1ck 22.04.09 - 07:13am
This topic will seek to expose false teachers and prophets both in the world today, and those that have appeared in the last 200 hundred years. *

n1ck 22.04.09 - 07:17am
Matthew 7:15-16 warns us that there will be people claiming to be Christians who have a message from God, claiming to be prophets and teachers of the truth (come in sheep's clothing), but that some of those people will be false teachers and false prophets (ravening wolves).

Matthew chapter 7 also tells us how to tell the difference between true and false teachers - it says you will know them by their fruit. *

n1ck 22.04.09 - 07:20am
What that means is that we can tell whether someone is a false teacher or not, by looking at their lifestyle, behaviour, attitudes, speech, manner, etc. Do they conform to the image of Jesus Christ? Do they conform to the Bible? *

n1ck 22.04.09 - 07:21am
Matthew 7:17-18

17. Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

n1ck 22.04.09 - 07:23am
If the fruit of someone's life - their behaviour, attitude, language, the way they treat others, the things they do, etc - do not conform to the image of Christ or stand up in the light of the Bible, then we know they are false prophets. *

n1ck 22.04.09 - 07:25am
In this topic I am going to discuss prominent religious teachers who claim to be Christian teachers and prophets, and yet when compared with the Bible, they are shown to be false prophets and ravening wolves. *

n1ck 22.04.09 - 07:27am
Anybody is welcome to comment or ask questions. Likewise, if you would like to know if a particular person is a false prophet or not, you can bring up his / her name and we will take it from there. *

n1ck 22.04.09 - 07:28am
Right, false prophet number 1: Roy Masters and the Foundation of Human Understanding. *

n1ck 22.04.09 - 07:32am
Roy Masters, born Reuben Obermeister, is the owner of the Foundation of Human Understanding.

He is a self-described ''Christian mystic'' combining Eastern mysticism and Gnosticism with Christian jargon, yoga, hypnotism and self-help principles.

With regards to dependence on Jesus Christ for salvation, Masters teaches dependence on his meditation techniques. *

n1ck 22.04.09 - 07:36am
John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. *

n1ck 22.04.09 - 07:37am
Though he claims to have been saved by the blood of Christ, he states that ''one of the biggest curses in Christendom is the false idea that Jesus is God.'' *

n1ck 22.04.09 - 07:41am
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Revelation 1:8 (John talking about Jesus) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord (Jesus), which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. *

n1ck 22.04.09 - 07:44am
According to the late Dr. Walter Martin, the Foundation of Human Understanding does not mention the Holy Spirit in any of its publications (The New Cults, p. 310). *

n1ck 22.04.09 - 07:44am
During the meditative process, subjects are taught to surrender all disbelief and to relinquish control to Masters. *

n1ck 22.04.09 - 07:45am
Parti nts in his week-long seminars pay 1,200 dollars and 50 dollars for one-day seminars held across the country. Masters says he wants to be remembered in the same category as Moses, Jesus, the apostles, Buddha, Gandhi, Martin Luther King and John F. Kennedy. *

n1ck 22.04.09 - 07:45am
How can a Christian claim to want to be remembered in the same category as buddha? *

n1ck 22.04.09 - 07:46am
At a glance, it is evident that Roy Masters came up with a mix of gnosticism, eastern religion, mysticism etc. (basically a mix of ''good'' from all religions), mixed it all together under the guise of Christianity and made a new religion.

It makes him a lot of money and made him popular. But he is preaching a false religion that will d*mn many to hell. *

waittiki 22.04.09 - 09:07pm
Thank you n1ck for your topic. Now, i just wanted to add one comment which is ofcause open to any correction since am also learning. Now in Matthew 7:21-22 we read :Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? Now according to this verses, we are able to have insight into the nature and caracter of a false prophet. Now, based on what these people in these verses are saying, appears to indicate that they had no idea that they had been deceived into serving satan,by satan himself, who we read in other verses, cames looking like an angel of light. Now if this is the case, then it means that the false prophets will be people bring a gosple which in it features a false christ that they think is true with such great love and adoration. *

waittiki 22.04.09 - 09:28pm
They will be Christ-like cause they have been deceived into thinking they are serving Christ. Our only defence will always and forever be the bible and in its entirety. If satan can come looking like a angel of light, then so will his false prophets that he has deceived came looking Christ-like. Knowing and learning the truth from God's word will always give the true believer an upper hand in discerning a false gospel and the false prophet that lovingly cames teaching it. chin.GIF Would i be wrong in drawing this conclusion that i see from the bible? *

iilmadme 24.04.09 - 03:22am
Thanks nick.I asked bout roy masters cuz i had initially found that sum of his statements were quite amazin a few years ago.I was disappointed when i looked closer tho...If there wasnt sum appeal there,then we wudnt ever have to worry bout this,after all.The way ive always dealt with this is that if im goin to look at one person's interpretation i try to look at a few..Over dependancy on one person/organisation/church or watever cud be a bad thing for me *

airwalkr 25.04.09 - 12:27am
As you grow closer, the Holy Spirit will govern the interpretations for you. Even when your not sure you may feel within yourself that something isn't quite right about an interpretation. If your not sure. always question. seek out what the Holy Spirit is saying and it will be revealed in time. *

n1ck 25.04.09 - 05:14am
Youre right airwalkr. And its so important to know the Bible. Every answer can be found in scripture. When I am unsure about something, the Holy Spirit usually brings to my mind a something in the Bible that I have read before. It will normally be a phrase or even just a word. I can usually remember where to find it, but sometimes I need to look up the word or phrase in a concordance and find it that way. *

n1ck 25.04.09 - 07:44am
Waittiki, to answer your question, yes! That is an accurate interpretation of Matthew 7.

The key indicator is the repetition of the word ''Lord''. *

n1ck 25.04.09 - 07:46am
Matthew 7:21-23

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

n1ck 25.04.09 - 07:52am
Not every one who says they are a Christian, is a Christian. There are those who think they are Christian because they follow a few guidelines, or believe a certain doctrine, but the true test is in their fruit. Do they do as a style of life the will of the Father? Are they repentant? Are they prideful, or are they humble? Do they display the fruit of the Spirit in Galations 5? *

n1ck 25.04.09 - 07:55am
Is what they teach consistent with the Bible? Or do they teach what you want to hear? Do they preach the truth, or do they try to find a loop-hole in the scriptures? Do they try to compromise? *

n1ck 25.04.09 - 07:56am
Do they teach that Jesus Christ is the ONLY gate, the ONLY way to salvation? *

n1ck 25.04.09 - 07:56am
And do they teach that not only is there a narrow gate, but a narrow way? (Matthew 7:14) *

waittiki 7.05.09 - 03:18pm
I have one other observation here that i would like to share with you if i may. It's in Daniel 12:9. Daniel was the one God gave the details of the end-time events just before the return of Christ. In these verses, Daniel is told that the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end, that is, no one is to understand until the time of the end. Would this not mean then that all the existing information concerning the return of Christ have been inaccurate given the fact that it was sealed. Since now we are at that time, God has opened up the words, and it has everything to do with TIME. It appears that the true believers are suppose to know when Christ cames, noting that they are the one's reffered to as the Children of light in 1 Thessalonians 5:4. Even devils know that there is an appointed time of God's wrath as noted in Matthew 8:29. *

waittiki 7.05.09 - 03:32pm
Indeed, this prophesy is spoken of by God in Amos 3:7, where He says that He do nothing, but He revealeth His secret unto His servants the prophets. Would i be wrong in this conclusion? *

rozely 7.05.09 - 08:56pm
Do we believe what we read? Or do we change what whe read.. So that we can believe? Do we undrstand what we are reading? *

rozely 7.05.09 - 09:06pm
I dont know what a docterine are... But i do believe in a black book my docter.. Eternal live.. Holy bible.. And no docterine can docter like a bible.. Thats why i only believe what i read from the bible.. *

rozely 7.05.09 - 09:14pm
Does profets and children of the light still exists? I would love to meet one.. How do i know if its a true prophet? True child of the light? *

rozely 8.05.09 - 04:57am
Now.. The salvation thing.. If the bible tells me that the only way to salvation are thru Jesus Christ.. Who am i to change the word of God? If i change whats written in the bible.. That 1 become a camoflage wolf.. *

rozely 8.05.09 - 05:17am
I do believe that all of us.. Got a change 2 enter the gates of heaven.. I do believe that i cant change the facts of the bible and cant change the questions in my heart.. I do believe that God have a reason for every thing He does, and i would rather not judge any sheep.. Even the one with the wolf inside.. Cz i dont wat to be judge by God, judging other ppl.. *

iilmadme 8.05.09 - 05:32am
I dont think we necessarily have to judge but we have to be selective bout who we listen to sumtimes..Evryone is learning all the time *

rozely 8.05.09 - 07:17am
True.. There are a diverence beteen: read and listen.. Read the facts of truth from the scripts... And to listen to a preacher and his thoughts.. Nothing wrong to see what others see.. But what do i believe? Others words of the words of the bible? And then again.. Do we change what we read? *

* ReasonforHope Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ReasonforHope

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search