WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ReasonforHope - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ReasonforHope > Topics

Subject: christians temptations
Replies: 24 Views: 1344

wjd 18.06.09 - 05:03pm
Hi guys. I just wanna know if you'll find it difficult as christians 2 stay on the right way. Cause ever since i've decided i want 2 live a holy life it's and spread the word i find myself in all sorts of tempting positions. is it also like this 4 sum of you? plz all, feel free 2 ad your side of this. *

n1ck 18.06.09 - 05:24pm
Oh yes, for sure, when Satan sees that he is losing the battle, he steps up his game and the temptations come in thicker and faster. But resist the devil and he will flee from you! (James 4:7). Furthermore, God promises us in His Word that He will not allow us to be tempted beyond what we are able to withstand, but He will always provide a way out (1 Corinthians 10:13). *

n1ck 18.06.09 - 05:37pm
But yes, you are right. We should always be striving to be righteous and holy. Now nobody can be holy or righteous, of course. Only God is holy and righteous - which is why Jesus died for us - He is our righteousness. But if we earnestly strive to live a style of life that conforms to the will of God, then that is evidence that we are God's children. (1 John 5:18) *

paulster 19.06.09 - 11:03pm
@ n1ck, I think God tests the people, this explains the struggling to cope. Its like alot of this is planned and only God knows. They say the poor have a tough earthly life but a better life in heaven for the hard times they took. *

iilmadme 19.06.09 - 11:08pm
I already looked in plenty of the wrong places,so i know they dont bring the kind of comfort i need.But yeah,im struggling *

papidad 20.06.09 - 05:02am
God tests us so tht we can grow... He don test us wit sin. Satan tempts. He tries to degrade d awefulnes of sin. Yet in *

papidad 20.06.09 - 05:04am
Every temptation God has a way out for us. Evn then, we fall into sin bt we hv a high priest who was tempted in evry way *

papidad 20.06.09 - 05:07am
N did not sin. He thr4 understand our weaknesses. I find Paul's Rom7 argument on sin n fleshly wrks very intrestin... *

papidad 20.06.09 - 05:09am
There is hwevr Rom8 which goes on a notch higher in livin in d Spirit. To get a better undrstndin of it it is gd 2 read *

papidad 20.06.09 - 05:13am
d whole bk of Romans. Struggle wid sin continues bt victry is assured ovr it. It calls for daily submition to God. *

iilmadme 20.06.09 - 06:25am
I am still tryin to give up smoking,it isnt easy...I know i'll get there tho.It's the first time i wanted to be free of it *

waittiki 20.06.09 - 06:56am
Hi guys. I think the greatest temptation would be that which has to do with false gosples which many have fallen for. We have the bible as the only means by which we can prove of whats true and what is not. Most of the gosples out there are very pleasing to the ear, but unless we learn to test it against what the bible teaches, we have no way of knowing the truth. Satan is after what Christ wanted us to know and this is satans greatest task. He must try to bring a gosple that looks so much like the truth. Only those who stand with the bible will have the capability to see what is not true, once they have learned what the truth is all about. Stick with the bible cause God is testing us all to see whether we are listening to His word or those sweet gosples that appear to be caming from visions and dreams brought by those who have been deceived into thinking its a message sent from God. Stick with the bible always. Dont take any chances with those gosple. They will cost you your life. *

papidad 20.06.09 - 07:15am
One mistake of d church is tht they hv left their first lov n many r walkin in self righteousnes like d pharisees *

waittiki 20.06.09 - 07:24am
Yap. The same thing satan told Eve, is the same thing he told the church and they fall for it, even when they had the bible as the source of All Truth, just as Eve had God's commandment. *

iilmadme 20.06.09 - 10:10am
This isnt a temptation as such,but it is a weakness..I suffer from extreme social anxiety,i withdraw n shut myself off from the world,especially when im under a lot of stress.Is it an illness? Well,it isnt a lot of fun Lol I dont just avoid the unpleasant stuff,i literally dont leave the house or see anyone for weeks...So,in that sense also,we all have things we have to wrestle with,stuff to overcome.Atm i dont feel fully capable of becoming the kind of christian ppl wud expect me to be.But i dont believe u have to get better first,it's a new beginning,not a sign that u have dun enuf n can relax *

papidad 20.06.09 - 10:43am
I agree with you Iilmadme. we can be very consious of our weakneses till nothing makes sense. But still may ppl would judge you jut for being you. What scares me most is to meet a self righteous, judmental Christian. They can easily bring you down and deflate yo tires

wjd 20.06.09 - 12:57pm
iilmadme. This might b something that God has put on u 4 u 2 overcome or 2 strengthen u 4 what he has planned 4 u. If we have an illness a defect or what ever ppl wanna call it, we shouldn't as y Lord? We should be glad. cause He has a special role 4 u 2 play on this earth. so hang in there and pray about it, i'll pray with u! *

iilmadme 20.06.09 - 01:44pm
Thanks,guys.I really appreciate that :) *

papidad 20.06.09 - 04:23pm
Ppl cald by d name of d Lord need to learn Christ came for those who were lost. The Bible reveals tht salvation hs hapnd *

papidad 20.06.09 - 04:40pm
Is happenin n will hapn. Our election is assured n our transformation is bcz we r savd thn as we await Christ's return *

n1ck 20.06.09 - 04:43pm
Amen papidad! Romans 5:8 says

But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. *

papidad 20.06.09 - 04:43pm
Consider these verses n b encouraged. 2Pet 2:9; James1:2 ;1Pet1:6 *

iilmadme 21.06.09 - 02:34am
In real life i have a christian friend who regularly gets upset at his church group becuz he has a habit of bringing in needy ppl(not me,i hasten to add).He is such a sweet person,i love him.Online i feel as if i am losing my closest friend becuz we met at a non-christian site n ppl in his life assume that if im not a christian i must be a monster..This overall duz not give me the best impression.I know that sumtimes im a bit scathing towards ppl's attitudes but quite frankly it's hurtful to hear things sed by ppl who dont even know u n dont care either way.I was very reluctant to mention the fact that i smoke cigs in here due to there being ppl that wud delight in my painful death,just so they can say 'i told u so' *

iilmadme 21.06.09 - 02:35am
Thanks papidad,i'll look for them hug.GIF *

papidad 21.06.09 - 06:30am
Iilmadmehug.GIF... this is my own deduction... judgmental ppl hv themslvs somthin to hide. So theytry deflectin attention *

* ReasonforHope Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ReasonforHope

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search