WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ReasonforHope - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ReasonforHope > Topics

Subject: Baptism
Replies: 25 Views: 921

iilmadme 20.06.09 - 07:48am
I was just wondering wat it involves,is it easy to get sumone to do this for u? I remember that my methodist friend went thru confirmation years ago,there were classes n it was a major time for her,not that i really understood too well at the time..Is it in any way similar? *

n1ck 20.06.09 - 08:46am
Baptism is the act of washing the old sins away, and coming out of the water a new person.

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. *

n1ck 20.06.09 - 08:49am
Most times, if their has been true repentance, the believer receives the Holy Spirit when he rises out of the water, and most people speak in tongues as they come out. *

papidad 21.06.09 - 06:46am
Baptism tho is not wat gets u saved as many say. N personally hw u r bptized isnt an issue bcz it is symbolic. I ws imsd *

papidad 21.06.09 - 06:49am
Jesus dint need baptism bt he did it to fulfill all rightousnes. Wen I realised this I ws baptized lyk my Lord aft 7yrs *

enryu 27.06.09 - 07:51pm
i always wonderd is this really necessary? u see other paths dont do this kinda thing. *

papidad 29.06.09 - 04:20pm
Enryu... wen somting is corpted, misused n misconstrued it EZly loses/ dimnishs its menin bt it may nt lose it impontnce *

papidad 29.06.09 - 04:22pm
Understandin wat its meanin is givs reason for doing it wit conviction. Bptsm to a Christian is symbolic of their union *

papidad 29.06.09 - 04:24pm
Wit Christ in his death and risin in ressurection as he conquered death. It signifies the dyin of self to sin n bcomin.. *

papidad 29.06.09 - 04:29pm
Alive in Christ. It signifies the dying to sin n bcomin alive in righteousness. Rom 6:4; Col2:12 Being alive in Christ *

papidad 29.06.09 - 04:33pm
Jesus needed not to baptised bt he saw it right Matt3:15: was or is baptism of God or man? Matt 21:25 *

enryu 30.06.09 - 11:02am
hey man i tell u cant wash away sins, thats always there yea u always get tempted to do wrong doings, no1 is perfect yes.GIF i still think this baptising does'nt help anyone, u gota help yourself yea and many say its a spiritual battle u fighting everyday. *

papidad 30.06.09 - 05:33pm
I hv not said tht u will not sin... A Christian believes tht we r righteous through the finished work of Jesus. Look... *

papidad 30.06.09 - 05:35pm
@ difrnce of John's baptism which was a sign of repentance n wen JC who was sinless coms he says he'll do it to fulfil.. *

papidad 30.06.09 - 05:40pm
All righteousness. By d tym Paul explains wat a Christian's baptism we see a change of meanin/ focus... In Romans btwn.. *

papidad 30.06.09 - 05:43pm
Chpts1-10 d issues of sin salvation grace sufferin are thoroghly dealt with... Wat if someone offers u power over sin... *

papidad 30.06.09 - 05:46pm
Power tht u bcm free from d bondage of sin? I recommend the book The pursuit of holiness/godliness by Jerry bridges to u *

papidad 30.06.09 - 05:48pm
They hv bn a help for me to understand the issue of sin n holiness+ Justificationfrom a biblical point of view. *

monarch5 1.07.09 - 03:37pm
I was baptised after i was born in catholic church. Then again with my daughter michelle in a baptist church. I noticed my life started changing from then on. I backslid many times, but always came back to my. Father. I would love to be baptised again. So i can refresh my spirit.airkiss.GIF *

papidad 1.07.09 - 05:31pm
Way to go Mona! very true! *

enryu 1.07.09 - 05:34pm
hey can u skip the baptism and stil be christian? ever seen older people or teenagers get baptised in the sea lol or swimming pool or sumin, if u see their face they think they are guna drown. *

papidad 2.07.09 - 05:26pm
Enryu... I bliv you cn n still r savd wen u r born again n not baptised... I ws baptised 7yrs after my salvation. Bcz of *

papidad 2.07.09 - 05:29pm
JC's words... to fulfill all righteousness. It wsnt abt being baptized right, left or wrong bt to fulfil all righteusnes *

papidad 2.07.09 - 05:31pm
Let me emphasise tht Jesus hd no need of baptism bt he did it anyway. John baptized for d repentance of sin *

iilmadme 2.07.09 - 05:41pm
This is sumthin i'd definately like to do at sum stage *

iilmadme 2.07.09 - 05:50pm
My belief is that Christ came here for all ppl,n not just those who r in a position to be baptised by the church,so for that reason i dont believe it can be essential.Enryu,i think we r sposed to do wat we r able to as individuals *

* ReasonforHope Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ReasonforHope

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search