Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ReasonforHope - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ReasonforHope > Topics

Subject: Seventh Day Adventists
Replies: 66 Views: 2293
6-<< 2-<

n1ck 30.06.09 - 04:59am
Paul shows these Christians in this letter that God's redemptive provisions under the old covenant have been fulfilled and therefore obsolete by Jesus coming and the establishment of the new covenant through His atoning death. *

n1ck 30.06.09 - 05:01am
The main lesson Paul has for his audience is that they are to:

1. Hold on to their faith in Jesus Christ until the end.
2. Grow in spiritual maturity.
3. Not turn back to condemnation by abandoning their faith in Jesus Christ. *

n1ck 30.06.09 - 05:03am
That is why Hebrews was written, soldier2. It was NOT written to tell the Jews to hold on to THEIR traditions. Ridiculous. Put Ellen White's books down and read the Bible man. *

soldier2 30.06.09 - 03:48pm
n1ck you know I dont mean the old sanctuary services and laws.That was abolished. *

soldier2 30.06.09 - 03:57pm
n1ck I agree with all what you are saying.OK I will say 1st century Christians instead.1st century Christians,who were Jews before,were begining to lose hope and doubt God's promises.So Paul told them:Hebrews.2:1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. *

soldier2 30.06.09 - 04:10pm
so n1ck with the background set by Hebrews.2:1 and Hebrews.3:12-14 along with others,we can go forward Hebrews 4 which has the same theme as chapters 2 and 3.Paul says:Hebrews.4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. *

soldier2 30.06.09 - 04:12pm
Hebrews.4:10-For he that is entered into his sabbatismos,he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. *

soldier2 30.06.09 - 04:16pm
There remains therefore, brethren, a keeping of the Sabbath is what he said. That is, a keeping of the rest. We are seeing a spiritual aspect of the Sabbath. The weekly Sabbath is a type of the fulfillment of the promises to Abraham. John W. Ritenbaugh *

n1ck 30.06.09 - 04:19pm
Strong's concordance gives the Greek word katapausis for the word rest, meaning reposing down, that is, (by Hebraism) abode: - rest. *

soldier2 30.06.09 - 04:20pm
Oh now you answer my question? *

soldier2 30.06.09 - 04:22pm
What does sabbatismos mean?

n1ck 30.06.09 - 04:28pm
Sabbatismos is used in Hebrews 4:9, and according to Strong's Concordance it means a ''sabbatism'', that is, (figuratively) the repose of Christianity (as a type of heaven): - rest. *

n1ck 30.06.09 - 04:30pm
Soldier2 this actually agrees and lends weight to my point that Hebrews 4 is talking about the rest to come as being our eternal rest in Christ when we are saved, in other words, it is what the weekly sabbath was a shadow of.

Hebrews 4 is not an instruction to keep the weekly Sabbath commandment. Not by a long shot. *

n1ck 30.06.09 - 04:34pm
Look Soldier2, the weekly Sabbath was a shadow, a symbol for our eternal rest in Christ - in Heaven. That is what I am trying to tell you, and that is what Paul is saying in Hebrews 4. Think about that for a minute and then read Hebrews 3 and 4 again with that in mind. Then repeat, and then tell me what you think. I will be back later. *

soldier2 30.06.09 - 05:05pm
faint.GIFn1ck now Im getting annoyed.Sabbatismos is only used in vs 9 and strongs 4520 says it is the repose of Christianity (figuratively).So isnt the weekly sabbath the spiritual aspect of the eternal rest that God promised Abraham,which He established from the begining BEFORE SIN? *

soldier2 30.06.09 - 05:14pm
And look at how you contradict yourself.If the Sabbath was a shadow of the eternal rest in Christ in heaven,why are you not keeping the Sabbath?
Are we in heaven?
Didnt Jesus keep the Sabbath?
Didnt Jesus say that He was Lord of the Sabbath,and not the Sabbath itself?
Didnt Jesus prophesy that the Sabbath will be kept over 35 yrs after His death?
Didnt Paul say that Jesus did not tamper with the Sabbath in Hebrews.4:8?

n1ck I would be delighted if you could answer these questions.

6-<< 2-<

* ReasonforHope Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ReasonforHope

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search