WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

ReasonforHope - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ReasonforHope > Topics

Subject: Before
Replies: 14 Views: 611

paulster 28.06.09 - 09:45pm
Could u tell me was Islam around before Christianity came about? I dont get why Muslim people say they are of the oldest path since the beginning of time.. That dont sound right because did'nt Islam appear year's after Christianity? *

n1ck 29.06.09 - 06:11am
Islam began with Muhammed in the 7th century after Christ. Of course, Muslims say that Muhammed only revived Islam, and that it was practised by Adam and Abraham alike. Unfortunately for them, there is no evidence to support their claim. *

kashish8 29.06.09 - 06:57am
U can't tell like that we have no any evidence to prove our statement. At first u should have full knowledge about islam and cristianity.
check this link to know m0re about islam. http://similarities between ISLAM AND CRISTIANITY!http://www.irf.net/irf/comparativereligion/middle/christianity/conceptofgod.htm similarities between ISLAM AND CRISTIANITY!http://www.irf.net/irf/comparativereligion/middle/christianity/conceptofgod.htm *

kashish8 29.06.09 - 06:59am
http://www.irf.net/irf/comparativereligion/middle/christianity/conceptofgod.htm read this too! *

n1ck 29.06.09 - 07:24am
Thank you kashish, I will. *

kashish8 29.06.09 - 08:29am
My pleasure! Have u checked 2nd link given by me? *

n1ck 29.06.09 - 11:30am
I haven't checked any of your links yet, as I am busy with financial year end at work. I will let you know as soon as I have checked them out. *

n1ck 30.06.09 - 07:25am
Kashish I couldnt open the 1st link. There is something wrong with the address I think. *

n1ck 30.06.09 - 07:28am
I read the second link. I know Dr Naik's work, he is a very intelligent man but he also misunderstands the Bible. The scriptures he used were taken out of context. It is true that Jesus did say those things, but you have to read the whole book/chapter to see what He meant. Jesus did indeed claim divinity. *

kashish8 30.06.09 - 07:38am
Yeah n1ck, i knw 1st link have some error, thats y i asked u to read 2nd link. *

kashish8 30.06.09 - 07:54am
Jesus didn't say him self that he is the son of God. Bible was written after 125yrz of jesus (a.s) by loqa, nooha, marqas and yohana. It is nt written pure by The God's hand. So u can't say that itz the pure religious book. In many versus bible give good news of Mohammad (s.a.w) in open words. Did u ever think about that? Watz it? *

n1ck 30.06.09 - 09:46am
Ok firstly, the Bible was written by many people over a period of more than 2000 years. Which is remarkable because over that pariod all of the authors still kept to the same theme. Anyway, the Bible is a record of human history and the history of man's relationship with God, and it is recorded by the people who were there themselves.

The Bible as it is today contains a completely accurate Old Testament, and this fact was proved by the Dead Sea Scrolls found in 1947, which contained documents dating back 1500 years BC. The documents were identical to today's Old Testament.

Secondly, the Gospel letters were written by men who were there with Jesus or who knew the men who were with Jesus. John was one of Jesus' disciples, he was with Jesus almost every day. John was an eyewitness to Jesus' death, resurrection and ascension into heaven. I can say with all confidence that John's testimony is extremely reliable. *

n1ck 30.06.09 - 09:50am
The Quran was written over a hundred years after Muhammed's death, and yes, it was also written by men - not by God. The Quran is said to be a collection of all the revelations that Muhammed received from the angel Gabriel in his lifetime. The revelations were never recorded in writing at the time, other than on stones or pieces of bark - whatever they could write on. But for the most part, the Quran is believed to have been committed to memory and only put in print over a hundred years after Muhammed's death. Correct me if I am wrong. *

n1ck 30.06.09 - 10:00am
So what you have to rely on as far as the reliability of the Quran is concerned, is the ability of the people to accurately record sayings from memory, and not from written documents. Also, these were men who were not eyewitnesses to Muhammed's revelations.

In fact, nobody ever witnessed the angel Gabriel talking to Muhammed.

Strangely though, I believe there were instances though when people witnessed Muhammed writhing in a ball on the ground, frothing at the mouth, eyes rolled back. It is said that after these ''fits'', Muhammed would say that he had received a ''revelation''. I think this comes out of the hadiths. Is this correct Kashish? *

n1ck 30.06.09 - 10:02am
One last thing before I have to go:

Muhammed and Islam is indeed mentioned and prophecied in the Bible - but not in the places where you think he is. Muhammed simply does not match up with the descripton of the Comforter, and Jesus is the prophet spoken of in Deuteronomy 18:18. If you want to see where Muhammed and Islam appear in the Bible, please see my topic, Islam in the Bible. I will b*mp it for you. *

* ReasonforHope Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ReasonforHope

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search